SAN DIEGO, Calif., March 14, 2011 – American Internet Services (AIS), a leading provider of enterprise-class data center and connectivity services in the western United States, unveiled its Disaster Recovery (DR) Quick Start Package (QSP). It is an affordable, turnkey solution that enables companies to quickly establish a remote site for their mission critical data and applications in a location considered to be one of the best in the United States in terms of safety from natural disasters – Phoenix, Arizona.
Within two weeks, companies can have the cornerstone of their DR program put in place for less than $8,000 a year ($595/mo plus setup fee). The AIS Van Buren data center is a fortress that has all the essentials: the robust power architecture, security, network high-availability and network redundancy.
“When it comes to IT disasters, the numbers are staggering with almost 50% of the companies going out of business immediately and half of the remaining failing within five years,” said Tim Caulfield, chief executive officer at AIS. “Our DR Quick Start Package provides companies with an affordable way to quickly achieve their Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity objectives.”
The AIS DR Quick Start Package provides the following:
- 1/3 private rack (14ru) in the AIS Van Buren (Phoenix) data center
- Redundant (A+B) power circuits with dedicated power distribution units (PDU)
- Automatic Transfer Switch for single-powered devices
- 1 Mbps of premium bandwidth with eight IP addresses
- Initial AIS ProServices consultation session
- Remote hands technical assistance
First, the AIS ProServices team kicks off the process with a free introductory engineering consultation, mapping out a solution tailored to meet the company’s needs. Next AIS facilities engineers establish and prepare the space in the Van Buren facility with enterprise-level power redundancy, including a static power switch for single-powered devices. The DR QSP is a colocation solution, which means clients ship their own servers to the AIS DR facility in Phoenix. The technical support team will “rack and stack” them (installing the servers in their secure rack). The technical support staff will work hand-in-hand with the company to make sure the deployment goes according to plan.
Beyond the Cornerstone:
With the AIS Quick Start Package, companies have the means for quickly putting the cornerstone of a comprehensive DR strategy in place. Once the servers are installed, companies may be interested in some of the other AIS DR/BC services, such as:
- Private Optical Network. To maximize performance and security, AIS manages its own private optical network between data centers. The network consists of diverse-path 10Gbps optical links from multiple providers and in some cases incorporates dark fiber links to meet the client’s operational requirements. Protected private connectivity is provided in increments from 10Mbps to multiple Gigabit Ethernet connections.
- HA / BC Infrastructure. AIS employs a number of High-Availability (HA) and Business Continuity technologies to implement client DR/BC objectives. AIS has deployed enterprise-level load-balancing infrastructure in every data center. In addition, sophisticated global network load-balancing hardware has been deployed in San Diego and Phoenix to provide large-scale service redundancy and business continuity. These building blocks are used in conjunction with inherent network redundancy technologies to meet client recovery / continuity requirements.
AIS also offers Managed Load Balancing and Service Monitoring/Network Management.
More information about AIS Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions can be found at staging.americanis.net.
About American Internet Services
American Internet Services (AIS) is an enterprise-class data center and connectivity services company, with seven premium data center footprints in Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix. AIS provides unsurpassed security and award-winning redundancy for both primary and disaster recovery (DR/BCP) colocation setups, cost-effective transit and transport connectivity solutions over fiber, copper and wireless, as well as managed services such as geographic load balancing, Internet firewall security and remote data storage. Privately held, AIS is backed by Seaport Capital, Viridian Investments, and DuPont Capital Management. For more information, visit staging.americanis.net or call (866) 971-2656.