10 Reasons for Selecting AIS
Why AIS for YOUR Data Center? Let Us Count the Ways…
- As the #1 provider of data center services in San Diego (52% market share, Tier1 Research), AIS has earned a solid reputation for crafting exceptional IT infrastructure solutions tailored to the unique requirements of every client.
- Compliance is a big deal when it comes to your data; AIS is the ONLY regional service provider to achieve SSAE 16 SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 type II audited certification. We offer more stringent physical and virtual control and security than most in-house facilities.
- AIS owns and operates its own MPLS backbone built on top of a redundant optical network spanning from Los Angeles to San Diego to Phoenix. The links consist of dual, redundant 10Gbps connections between sites which are designed to self-heal in the event of a failure.
- AIS has more than 70 BGP peering and backbone connections spread across multiple facilities providing more than 40 Gbps of high-performance Internet connectivity.
- AIS employs full-time professional NOC staff which are ITIL v3 certified for 24x7x365 monitoring — which equates to much more security than most companies have internally.
- AIS is the only San Diego service provider that has deployed IPv6 natively across its premium access network, with peering to both backbone providers and clients.
- AIS operates geographically diverse data centers for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DR/BC) services. Phoenix especially is well-known as one of the most disaster-neutral areas in the US and provides clients with the ideal location for optimal up-time guarantees; the Lightwave data center is in a building that was designed and built from the ground up as a data center.
- AIS has the only manufacturer-certified connectivity cabling installers, included structured cabling and managed cabling installers, of any data center service provider in southern California.
- AIS BusinessCloud1 is the only cloud solution that inherently provides San Diego clients with Layer 3 VPN connectivity between client equipment, cloud resources, and remote Disaster Recovery resources in AIS’ Phoenix facility.
- AIS has permanently-installed emergency stand-by engine generator capacity with recently-upgraded and certified transfer control logic rated by a third party certification agency (recognized throughout the industry) as the most reliable and robust as any in the industry.
And because AIS is all about delivering value, here are a FEW MORE reasons:
- AIS provides tailored solutions at “N”, “N+1”, and “2N” levels of reliability, availability, and productivity. We provide custom environmental solutions capable of providing up to 25 kW per 16 SF rack.
- AIS is a technical company; over 75% of our employees are directly involved in technical and engineering support to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- AIS is the only San Diego cloud service provider that provides VMware vCloud Director v5.1, with all Enterprise Plus features such as Distributed Resources Scheduling (DRS), High Availability (HA), and vShield — with direct API access.
- The AIS BusinessCloud1 Phoenix offering is completely autonomous from all other AIS facilities in terms of connectivity and functionality; this operational isolation ensures the highest level Disaster Recovery capability while maintaining accessibility.
- AIS is the only southwest regional service provider to launch a cloud-based bioinformatics service: ClearCompute. This SaaS service provides software tools for the genomics and pharmaceutical industries.
- AIS can offer Fortune 500 client referrals.
Why Outsource in the First Place?
- We help you reduce the complexity of infrastructure management while creating better operational efficiencies.
- We provide a secure, scalable platform that allows your organization to focus on your core competencies.
- The cost savings from reduced capital costs, lower energy consumption, improved system management, and streamlined change management (i.e., ITIL) can typically provide a return on investment (ROI) in less than one year.
- We provide cost predictability in an area that typically has frequent, expensive, unexpected costs.
- The consolidation of your equipment with our multi-million dollar infrastructure eliminates the need for expensive hardware requirements (e.g., Cisco routers, etc.). We can also help you identify systems that can be retired or outsourced.
- Scalability allows a high-growth company to handle peaks in their IT business needs and not have to worry about employing their own dedicated group to handle their power, cooling, and connectivity needs.
- We are aware that secure handling of data has been mandated with severe penalties for non-compliance. In most cases our outsourced data center solutions offer more stringent physical and virtual control and security than most in-house facilities.
Are We Perfect? No, Of Course Not
AIS is pretty darned great, but we’re not perfect. Like any company that has been around the block a few times, we’ve had a couple of bumps on the 23-year road to our current market-leading position. Such is life, but we own our issues and we have learned from them.
Case in point: AIS had a client-affecting incident on March 1, 2012. Not all customers were affected, but it was a temporary “black eye” for us.
To learn about that incident and what transpired before, during, and after the event, please click here.
Contact AISto learn more about our Data Center Services.