AIS ClearCompute: Bioinformatics Sequence Analysis
Bioinformatics & Genomics Sequencing Is Now Easy and Fast
AIS ClearCompute is a powerful public cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) “workbench” that supports a growing library of popular research tools including BLAST, Galaxy sequence analysis, and RNA-Seq analysis software.
This innovative on-demand offering enables biotech, genomics sequencing, and pharmaceutical scientists to perform compute- and storage-intensive genomics sequencing research in a secure, highly-scalable online environment with the flexibility and convenience of paying only for resources consumed.
Using AIS ClearCompute, pattern matching speeds are greatly accelerated, saving time and money in the scientific discovery process.
AIS ClearCompute leverages AIS’ high-speed network connectivity, keen understanding of compliance requirements, and geographic proximity to the Southwest biotech community.
Network, compute, storage, and application resources are provided in the form of a Virtual Workbench which is completely isolated for each client.
For maximum security, performance, and flexibility, these resources are integrated with our redundant optical network between facilities in San Diego, Phoenix, and Los Angeles.
AIS ClearCompute is deployed with a convenient Pay-as-you-Go pricing model which includes real-time support and easy access to the secure, browser-based self-provisioning portal for full command over all resources, including bioinformatics software.
AIS ClearCompute is a virtualization environment that consists of applications and data libraries widely used by biotech, genomics sequencing, and pharmaceutical scientists:
- BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool) – compares sequence data to public and / or private data sets to identify regions of local similarity
- Galaxy – open, web-based platform for performing accessible, reproducible, and transparent genomic science
- RNA-Seq – high-throughput utility for powerful RNA sequencing
The forward-facing Network portion of the AIS ClearCompute service platform consists of Dell and Cisco switches / routers which provide redundant Internet connectivity for client Virtual Workbenches — or more conveniently, Layer 3 VPN access to client facilities.
The Compute layer of the service platform provides the CPU and RAM for client Virtual Workbenches. Physically, these resources consist of Dell servers packed with fast processors and RAM.
To maximize performance, security, and reliability, AIS manages its own redundant optical network, which allows real-time service delivery from multiple points on the Internet to any AIS facility.
Data can be replicated synchronously between AIS colocation environments.
Many clients use Layer 3 VPN connectivity on the AIS network to enable rapid restoration in Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity situations.
AIS ClearCompute was designed with security, performance, and scalability in mind.
- Physical diversity
- Brand name suppliers
- Architectural redundancy
- Layer 3 VPN flexibility and security
- Decades of data center experience
- Rigorously architected for maximum availability
- Self-healing systems architecture with automated failover for seamless continuity
- High-speed network access provided via the AIS redundant optical network
Additional AIS Cloud Service Resources
- Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Private Cloud
- Cloud ROI (Return on Investment)
- Is Buying IT Gear Even Necessary?
- Why Cloud Services from AIS?
- AIS Cloud Testimonials
- vCloud Director 5.1 FAQ
Contact AISto learn more about AIS ClearCompute.