AIS Data Centers is the Southwest’s market leader for business-ready IT infrastructure for companies that value security, compliance, connectivity, and support. AIS Data Centers serves as an extension of in-house teams and operates hybrid IT environments with cloud, colocation, connectivity, managed security, and managed storage, enabling more than 500 clients to focus on their core business.
The Cloud Architect will act as a “hands on” Technical Architect in collaboration with the CTO and Network Architect to develop cloud, virtualization, and data storage solutions in response to our customers’ needs. This is a great opportunity to work on exciting projects and leading edge technologies while being a part of an environment that values technical excellence.
Description of Duties:
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical and competent solutions in new areas and domains to enhance our service value to customers
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the multi-tenant service solutions. Work with, implement and manage solutions and products, including 3rd party products
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines internally
- Act as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues
- When applicable, participate with specialist knowledge within the subject domain so that technical aspects related to the domain are taken into account
- Drive additional sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architects or Operations Engineers to ensure that solutions are delivered according to expectations and plans
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years systems integration experience
- Minimum 5 years VMware solution architect experience
- Practical experience with vCloud Director
- Proven track record with large Enterprise-level compute and storage environments using VMware
- Deep understanding of various Cloud models and principles
- Well versed with virtualization, technical solutions architecture background for server, storage and/or network virtualization; VMware certifications are a plus
- In-depth knowledge of different types of hypervisors (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare)
Proven experience working with architectures using different cloud computing software such as OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.
- Expertise in Data Center design with transformation to Cloud
- Expertise in Storage components with NetApp experience highly preferred (i.e. SAN, DAS, NAS, including iSCSI)
- Excellent understanding of existing public Cloud offerings and associated architecture such as Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of architecture design with software defined networks (SDN), is a plus
- Good understanding of cloud security and compliance models
- Experience in Service Provider environment a plus
- Knowledge of Elastic scalability and Hybrid Clouds is a plus
- Cloud Architecture Certifications are a plus
- Experience in designing and deploying large scale virtualized solutions
- Customer-facing experience in technical consulting and solution architecture roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing written documentation and deliverables is required
- Experience delivering technical presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
Primary workplace will be 9305 Lightwave Avenue in San Diego. Reliable transportation is required to qualify for this position. Occasional travel may be required to local and out of state locations.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Cloud Architect – VMware.