Department: Client Services
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Primary responsibility is to provide clients with exceptional technical support ensuring continual availability of contracted services and SLA agreements are met. Key support activities include: implementation, documentation and support of various managed services (e.g. Managed OS, Active Directory); connectivity troubleshooting; systems, network, facility and security monitoring; and facility access control via the NOC environment within a 24×7 managed services data center.
- Provide active monitoring and appropriate event response for various client contracted services related to: Cloud, connectivity, backup, and device management.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve incidents related to client subscribed managed services mentioned above.
- Respond to client requests via phone, email, in-person or client portal created tickets.
- Execute client requested remote hands services (e.g. systems examination, modification, and related troubleshooting).
- Provide security access control and logging of all visitors and equipment entering or leaving facility.
- Manage request and incident lifecycles, including ticket creation to closure.
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation required to support managed services offerings.
- Engage external service providers as necessary for troubleshooting or escalation purposes.
- Use CCTV and NOC systems tools to monitor network and facility infrastructure, and data center campuses.
- Provide administrative tasks for change management process; review changes and send client notifications.
- Participate in irregular shift coverage due to planned and unplanned absences; sometimes with short notice.
- Work at multiple data center locations (San Diego employee only).
- Supply thorough pass-down to oncoming shift.
- Fulfill shipping and receiving functions.
- Perform additional projects or tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere and safe work environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accomplished in customer service relations.
- Firm understanding of IP networks and associated protocols, devices and troubleshooting.
- Established familiarity with virtual environments and cloud computing service models.
- Functional knowledge of DNS, HSRP and related networking concepts.
- Understanding of backup and data protection objectives including disaster recovery methodologies.
- Managed services provider (MSP) support experience desired.
- Knowledge of data center operations is a plus.
- Awareness of various regulatory compliance is beneficial (e.g. HIPAA, HITECH, SOC, SOX, PCI, HITRUST).
- High aptitude and desire to learn new technical products, services, systems and concepts and make application.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organization and prioritization skills.
- IT related college degree, training or equivalent experience desired.
- IT certifications is a plus (e.g. CCNA, Microsoft, ITIL, AWS).
- Able to work with minimal supervision, yet able to collaborate with internal departments is a must.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com with the subject: AIS Client Services Engineer (CSE) – Tier 1.